Monday, September 2, 2013

Reflecting Blakesburg....

 
Monosport off the port wing.
 
This years Blakesburg was, again, really fun for me. Blakesburg has it's own, special vibe and I like it. It doesn't have the rushed feel that I get up at OSH, it's more relaxed, leisurely. Part of it, I'm sure, is I didn't try to do as much as I normaly do because of the heat. Man, it was hot again, 101 degrees on Friday. More or less, I let the Fly-In come to me this year. We bugged out at night and went back to  the hotel for a shower and a comfortable nights sleep.
 
Things are really enjoyed about the fly-in are many. I always appreciate Hy-Vee for coming out and cooking for all of us. From the pancakes for breakfast to the Ribeye Steak on Saturday night, it was all great. For Brent, Marcie, Ben, Aaron and the gang who organize and park us, you guys did a great job, especially in the heat.
 
To my friend Richard, thanks for bringing your guitars! We have to do that again and again. It was so much fun. Thanks for letting Sky sleep in your airplane too. It was a beautiful night under the stars.
 
It was great seeing friends up there, Don and Ann, Mike, Eric, Gilles, Amy, Caroline, Jeff, Erik, David and Rachael, Mike and Penny who always has a smile on her face. To all my friends, thanks for coming and helping make Bburg special.
 
 A special thanks to the gentleman from Canada who helped me pull my tiedown stakes out of baked, Iowa clay.
 
Ed, Max and Russell-a very heartfelt nod of appreciation for giving Sky rides in your airplanes.
 
And always to my traveling companion, trusting (asleep) copilot Sky-thanks man,
Now do your homework....

No comments: